Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Thoughts while waiting for my lunch (for Mariez)

I woke up at 5:30am, fifteen minutes earlier than my alarm yesterday. With blurry eyes, I sat up on my bed, trying to digest what activities I had. I stood, put off the fan, and with staggering steps, made my way to the loo to take a piss. After which, I thought of maybe making breakfast but being kind of lazy that morning, I just decided that I’d take my breakfast at UP prior the jog.

I went to our living room, took my bag and prepared everything I needed to bring for the morning jog. I brought 3 shirts, walking shorts (just in case there are plans after), a belt, my camera, and iPad. The plan was to meet up at 7am. It was close to 6:20 already. The evening before, I had dinner with you. A very memorable evening indeed. As it always is when I’m with you. I thought back. Decided to call you just to check if you’re already awake. One, two, three missed calls. Not one was answered, so I decided to check on you when I arrive at UP, after all, it’s just a few minutes away, and for sure, the 7am meeting time won’t be met. Then, you texted that you’re awake already and were concerned about the morning drizzle. Even one of our running buddies texted me with the same concern. It’ll pass, we decided. I then took a bath, taking in the cold water that morning, refreshed and awake, got ready, hailed a tricycle, and went to the terminal. Got into a cab just as quickly. It was a breeze, the travel. Never got held up. So in 20 minutes, I was at UP already. It was around 7:10am. No one was there yet.

I decided to strike a conversation with the security guard at SOLAIR, then, I eventually decided to just read as I know she has much to do as well. I was so excited to see you. Palagi naman. Long story short, I read as much as I can while waiting. In strides all of you arrived. By 8:15am, though drizzling still, we made our way to the Oblation.

I am always fascinated with how light plays on you, with shards and beams, of how leaves fall as if it was a planned music video. Also, the raindrops played their part as well, how they provide the beat to each step. I always remember how you run, how you hold off laughter, and how uncomfortable you are while we were then looking for a loo. You have a distinct smile for each and every occasion. And I won’t forget that. We battled strides with Andi and RJ, Pam and Dionne. It was a happy morning; stories were shared here and there. You threw me reminders along the way of how healthy I should be, being conscious about the food I eat, alcohol intake. I listened. I want to be with you for a very long time. So, I promised. There was something about yesterday I won’t forget, that eventhough we forged all lines at the oval, made our mark at Mang Jimmy’s, and Starbucks at Technohub with Andi and RJ, I am always happy you’re there. With all your jokes, reminiscences, reminders, and countenance, I wouldn’t exchange it for anything else. That moment, that instance, has been solidly written up. That after leaving Starbucks and taking a cab ride to accompany you home, I would have wanted that ride a few minutes more just to be with you.

I don’t know. I miss you all the time. And I enjoy missing you because, this much I know, come the time I see you again, my joy will be complete. Thank you for caring for me. There are more runs and episodes ahead. 

(September 3, 2012 / 12:32 pm)

No comments: